I like the piece in general. Just have a problem with two sentences there:
“Her solution, unsurprisingly, is to increase women’s participation. But before the crowd’s eyes can glaze over at the prospect of hearing another speech about the justice of giving women a voice or how they’re morally superior to men, Clinton, like the Yale-trained lawyer she is, makes a fact-based case…”
Who even uses that line seriously? The writer also writes that saying that not talking about her looks is a back-handed compliment, that we’re saying that it’s ok she looks like crap. I don’t get this. I don’t think it’s feminist to say she’ll always look pretty, or that she looks ugly. I don’t think those are your two choices. You can also not care. This is the point with the new sans makeup stories.
- The Washington Post on a related note: Hilary won’t wear makeup and we love her more for it
- Jezebel on an asshole who’s into “chickspotting”:
- (This is from 2010, but I read it today): Hanna Rosin‘s monster article The End of Men, on how women might be better suited for the coming new world order and economies:
This was specially revealing since it was written by Hanna Rosin, founder and editor at Slate‘s DoubleX, where I work now. I did some research and turns out she’s an amazing writer, at amazing places like WaPo, The New Yorker, Slate, etc. And she’s actually been a guest at the Daily Show (it was in 2005. Jon Stewart aged really fast). She’s also married to Slate editor David Plotz, awesome for both.
- Hillary Clinton Talks Women, Work-Life Balance In New ‘Elle’ Magazine Profile (spiceofyourlife.wordpress.com)
- Dating Workshop Has An All-Star Lineup of Experts to Help Men Crack the Mysteries of the Female Mind (prweb.com)
- New Strategies for Attracting Women – ‘No More Pick Up Artist and Seduction Nonsense’, Carlos Xuma Proclaims; Trademarked Method Shows Men How to Get Women Naturally (prweb.com)
- How to Cure a Feminist (vanillaedge.wordpress.com)
- Men’s Rights: There’s an app for that? (manboobz.com)
- Punching Sperm-Stealing Women Totally Okay With Men’s Rights Activists [Men’s Rights] (jezebel.com)
- The Men’s Rights subreddit works on its image problem – by reaffirming MRA’s sacred right to call women “cunts.” (manboobz.com)